Department: Food and Beverage
Reports To: Bar Manager
Date of Job Posting: October 2016
Job Type: Part Time to Full Time
The purpose of this position is to interact with our guests and ensure they have a great experience when dining in our restaurant, lounge, or banquet venues. Bartenders/Servers are responsible for positive guest interactions while serving guests in a friendly and efficient manner. At all times, Bartenders are expected to be attentive to our guest’s needs, and make them feel welcome, comfortable, important and relaxed. This position also requires an attention to detail, as well as keeping all preparation and Lounge areas clean.
• Greet all guests and owners warmly with an appropriate greeting. Smile, and be personable.
• Staying updated on current menu choices, specialties and menu deviations.
• Suggesting dishes, assisting in drink selection, informing customers about food preparation details, communicating specific customer needs to the cooks.
• Know timing and preparation of all food and beverage items.
• Take food and beverage orders, ring them into the POS system correctly and deliver them in a timely fashion.
• Ensure guests are of legal drinking age through checking identification
• Adhere to State liquor rules and regulations
• Properly open and pour wine at the tableside.
• Perform payment handling (i.e., cash, credit, gift certificates, etc.).
• Wash and sterilize glassware.
• Maintains proper control of liquor transactions and bar inventory.
• Keeps bar supplies readily stocked for use (i.e. lemons, limes, mixers, etc.)
• Maintains bottles and glasses in an attractive and functional manner to support efficient drink preparation and promotion of beverages.
• Clear and reset tables in bar area.
• Maintain liquor, beer, and wine stocked at appropriate levels
• Know all food and beverage sale prices.
• Prepares each drink using standard ingredient recipes and practice prudent portion control.
• Maintain cleanliness in all areas of the bar including counters, sinks, utensils, shelves and storage areas.
• Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor.
• Perform opening and closing duties.
• Filling in for absent staff as needed.
• Assisting with special events as needed.
• Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently.
• Understands and can communicate products and services available at the resort.
• Complete all side work required and checklists.
• Complies with all policies and procedures set forth by The Embarcadero Hotel Resort and Marina Employee Handbook.
• Possession of or ability to obtain a Food Handler’s card
• Possession of an OLCC card
• Previous experience with Oregon Lottery System – collection, payout process, end of day procedures, etc.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Excellent oral communication skills required
• Positive interpersonal skills required.
• Ability to stand and/or walk for the entire shift.
• Ability to carry and balance plates, trays, etc.
• Knowledge of complete table setting.
• Ability to maintain a professional appearance at all times.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Knowledge of food and wine.
• Speak fluent English.
• Ability to read and follow both verbal and written instructions.
• Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
• Must be able to pass a UA Test
• Subject to Background Check
• Ability to speak and hear
• Close and distance vision
• Identify and distinguish colors
• Frequent walking with some standing at times
• Will walk for long periods of time, possibly extended distances
• Frequently lifts/carries up to 25 lbs.
• Occasionally lifts/carries up to 40 lbs.
• Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
• Able to reach hands and arms in any direction and kneel and stoop repeatedly.
• May be an indoor or outdoor setting depending on outlet.
• Will work near moving or mechanical parts.
• May work near toxic/caustic chemicals and with fumes or airborne particles.
• Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays and extended hours as business dictates.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES: Current Food Handler’s Permit or able to achieve, Current OLLC Permit
GROOMING: All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per hotel guidelines. (Specific standards available).
• Safety requirements, adhere to company property and department safety standards and procedures at all times.
• Exposures to cleaning chemicals
• Operation of equipment and tools
COMPENSATION: Hourly, Commensurate with Experience
Please forward Resume’ to: Restaurant Manager, Embarcadero Resort Hotel & Marina – 1000 SE Bay Blvd., Newport, OR 97365