Current Embarcadero Resort Job Postings
Position: Line Cook
Department: Food and Beverage
Reports To: Chef
Date of Job Posting: October 2016
Job Type: Part Time to Full Time
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for providing the highest quality service to guests and customers and ensuring that cleanliness and safety standards are met.
1. Must be willing to work a variety of day/night and weekend shifts.
2. Must have basic knowledge of culinary skills and the ability to set up for fast paced Restaurant, buffets and banquets.
3. Ability to read, write and speak English.
4. The ability to work quickly and efficiently while maintaining cleanliness in the kitchen.
5. Requires strong organizational skills and the ability to “multi-task.”
6. Ability to work independently.
7. Must possess excellent people and communication skills.
8. Must meet grooming standards.
9. Must meet and exceed customer expectations.
10. Possess a positive service oriented attitude toward our guests, our employees and the hotel.
11. Must possess a current food handler’s permit.
12. Minimum 2 years as Line Cook
13. Must be able to pass a UA and Background check
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Responsible for preparing any or all of the following: vegetables, starches and meats, basic soups and sauces, basic pastries.
2. Ensures that all equipment is clean and in proper working condition.
3. Complies at all times with Hotel and Restaurant standards.
4. Continuous standing, walking, reaching above the shoulder, bending, pushing, pulling, carrying, and lifting.
5. Setting up for buffets and banquets.
6. All other duties as assigned by management
1. Sitting occasionally in backed chair to complete paper work.
2. Continuous standing, walking, reaching above the shoulder, bending, pushing, pulling and carrying.
3. Standing for long periods of time, walking constantly on various surfaces
4. Climbing occasionally on stairs or step ladders.
5. Lifting up to 50#
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES: Current Food Handler’s Permit
GROOMING: All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per hotel guidelines.(specific standards available).
1. Safety requirements, adhere to company property and department safety standards and procedures at all times.
2. Exposures to cleaning chemicals
3. Operation of equipment and tools
COMPENSATION: Hourly, Commensurate with Experience
Please forward or deliver Resume’ to: General Manager, Embarcadero Resort Hotel & Marina – 1000 SE Bay Blvd., Newport, OR 97365