Current Embarcadero Resort Job Postings
Position: Restaurant Server/Banquet Server
Department: Food and Beverage
Reports To: Executive Chef
Date of Job Posting: November 2015
Job Type: Part Time to Full Time - all shifts - immediate openings
Position Summary: Personality and experience a PLUS! Looking for that special team player that has a passion for serving. Knowledge of wine a plus.
The purpose of this position is to interact with our guests and ensure they have a great experience when dining in our restaurant and in any of our Banquet Venues. Restaurant Servers are responsible for positive guest interactions while serving guests in a friendly and efficient manner. At all times, servers are expected to be attentive to our guest’s needs, and making them feel welcome, comfortable, important and relaxed. This position also requires an attention to detail, as well as keeping all preparation and dining areas clean.
• ?Prepares the tables, laying out napkins and utensils, performing all other preparation tasks.
• Greet all guests and owners warmly with an appropriate greeting.
• Staying updated on current menu choices, specialties and menu deviations, knowing if the kitchen staff is running out of any items…etc.
• Suggesting dishes, assisting in drink selection, informing customers about food preparation details, communicating specific customer needs to the cooks.
• Know timing and preparation of all food and beverage items.
• Take food and beverage orders, ring them into a POS system correctly and deliver them in a timely fashion.
• Ensure guests are of legal drinking age through checking identification.
• Adhere to State liquor rules and regulations
• Maintaining proper dining experience, delivering items, fulfilling customer needs, offering desserts and drinks, removing courses, replenishing utensils, refilling glasses.
• Properly open and pour wine at the tableside. Servers over 18 with valid OLCC card.
• Perform payment handling (i.e., cash, credit, gift certificates, etc.).
• Bus and reset all tables.
• Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor.
• Perform opening and closing duties.
• Filling in for absent staff as needed.
• Assisting with special events as needed.
• Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently.
• Understands and can communicate products and services available at the resort.
• Complete all side work required and checklists.
• Complies with all policies and procedures set forth by The Embarcadero Hotel Resort and Marina Employee Handbook.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
• Possession of or ability to obtain a Food Handler’s Permit
• Possession of or ability to obtain an OLCC card (if over 18 years old).
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Excellent oral communication skills required
• Positive interpersonal skills required.
• Ability to stand and/or walk for the entire shift.
• Ability to carry and balance plates, trays, etc.
• Knowledge of complete table setting.
• Ability to maintain a professional appearance at all times.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Must be able to pass a UA Test
• Subject to Background Check
• Knowledge of food and wine.
• Speak and write fluent English.
• Ability to read and follow both verbal and written instructions.
• Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
• Ability to speak and hear
• Close and distance vision
• Identify and distinguish colors
• Frequent walking with some standing at times
• Will walk for long periods of time, possibly extended distances
• Frequently lifts/carries up to 25 lbs.
• Occasionally lifts/carries up to 40 lbs.
• Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
• Able to reach hands and arms in any direction and kneel and stoop repeatedly.
• May be an indoor or outdoor setting depending on outlet.
• Will work near moving or mechanical parts.
• May work near toxic/caustic chemicals and with fumes or airborne particles.
• Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays and extended hours as business dictates.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES: Current Food Handler’s Permit or able to achieve
GROOMING: All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per hotel guidelines. (Specific standards available).
• Safety requirements, adhere to company property and department safety standards and procedures at all times.
• Operation of equipment and tools
COMPENSATION: Hourly plus tips
Please forward or drop off your Resume’ attention: Executive Chef, Embarcadero Resort Hotel & Marina – 1000 SE Bay Blvd., Newport, OR 97365