There’s nothing better than leaving the worries of life behind for a vacation filled with relaxation, adventure, and good times. Whether planning a family summer escape or a romantic trip for two, Newport and The Embarcadero Resort check all those boxes and more. Situated at the end of the historic bayfront, our coastal resort puts you near everything you could ever want on a Pacific Northwest getaway, including incredible beaches in and around Newport, Oregon. During your next visit, be sure to add a beach day at one of these spots to your itinerary.
A Checklist of the Best Area Beaches in Oregon
From coastline ideal for surf fishing to searching for shells and agates, there are countless activities to enjoy at the beaches near our Newport resort.
- One of the most incredible natural wonders in the state is Cobble Beach. Instead of sand, the shoreline is made up of primarily polished rocks. The beach found inside the Yaquina Head Natural Outstanding Area is also home to tide pools filled with sea creatures.
- Nye Beach is probably one of the most well-known beaches in the area. Go tide pooling or beach combing to see what you can discover. This is also one of the top spots to watch a breathtaking sunset.
- Those looking to try their hand at digging for razor clams or surfing will want to visit Agate Beach State Recreation Site. Make your way through the tunnel under old Highway 101 to get your first glimpse of the sandy beach.
- Found next to the Yaquina Bay Bridge, South Beach State Park is several miles long. In addition to miles of ocean beach shoreline, this park provides access to walking and biking trails.
- Access Moolack Beach from Beverly Beach State Park or one of the parking areas found along the highway. The uninhabited beach is known for flying kites, surfing, and searching for rocks. This beach is probably one of the best-kept secrets in the area.
Relax on a Coastal Getaway to Oregon
The minute you arrive at The Embarcadero Resort, let the sound of the waves rolling in wash all your stress. Whether you’re spending time on local beaches or fishing with a local charter, there is no shortage of ways to explore the waters in Newport, Oregon.
In fact, every guest room at the resort has a private balcony that overlooks Yaquina Bay. Our comfortable accommodations range from suites with fully-equipped kitchens to studios and traditional guest rooms. To learn more about our resort, its amenities, or how to save on your stay, call 541-265-8521.