There are some adventures that every visitor to the Pacific Northwest needs to experience at least once. Located on the Oregon coastline in Newport, The Embarcadero Resort is close to some of these must-do activities. Whether visiting for a week or a weekend, we recommend checking off as many bucket list items as possible. Don’t worry if you don’t make it through your list! These activities will be waiting for you every time you visit our Newport resort.
What to Do on a Newport Getaway
From families with children to couples looking to reconnect, Newport is the perfect vacation destination for everyone. We’ve compiled a list of some of our top activities to give you a bit of a starting point for creating your perfect bucket list.
- Depending on when you’re visiting, there’s nothing better than searching for whales. There are generally two peak whale-watching seasons: one in the winter and one in the spring. Book your spot on an outing with Marine Discovery Tour to see if you can spot one of these majestic creatures.
- Another great adventure out on the open water is crabbing. You can enjoy this activity on your own by checking out one of our crab boat rentals or by reserving your spot on a charter with Newport Tradewinds.
- When the tides are low, go to the shoreline to see what aquatic life you can find in tide pools. Some of the best spots for tidepooling are on the north side of Devil’s Punchbowl and at Yaquina Head Interpretive Center.
- Explore Mother Nature’s beauty by spending time at one of the local state parks. There are several options close to our coastal resort, including South Beach State Park, Yaquina Bay State Recreation Site, and Beverly Beach State Park.
- If you have any anglers in your group, try a different type of fishing. Find a stretch of shoreline, and cast your line surf fishing. This is a great option for those that don’t feel like renting a boat. Stock up on any missing equipment at Englund Marine & Industrial Supply.
Book Your Oregon Escape to The Embarcadero Resort
No matter what activities fill your Newport, Oregon, bucket list, you’re sure to find something that fits the bill and more near The Embarcadero Resort. While our resort is close to all the top activities and attractions, we’ve worked to make our space a relaxing place to call home.
After a long day of adventuring and exploring, there’s nothing better than unwinding in the sauna or going for a quick swim. When you’re ready to call it a night, your room has everything you need to rest up for another day of fun. Call 541-265-8521 to learn about our different accommodation options or ways to save on your stay.