Sometimes the perfect vacation destination is closer than you think. Sitting along Yaquina Bay, The Embarcadero Resort in Newport is the ideal place to escape to when you need a break from life. For those that call the Portland area home, it takes less than three hours to drive to Newport on the Oregon coast. Enjoy a vacation before you’ve even arrived at the resort by enjoying a mini-road trip on your way.
A Checklist of Stops to Add to Your Oregon Road Trip Itinerary
When plotting your Portland to Newport drive, you have a few different routes to pick. Each one is filled with stops that’ll give you a chance to experience everything this Pacific Northwest state has to offer.
- Stop at Bullwinkle’s Amusement Center in Wilsonville, featuring everything from bowling to arcade games to mini-golf.
- Go on a tour of the Oregon Capitol as you make your way into Salem, but be sure to look into current tour offerings before you arrive.
- If you’re traveling with children, Gilbert House Children’s Museum is an excellent place for them to burn off some energy while learning something new.
- See the historic carousel and museum in Albany, where you can ride the carousel and watch artisan volunteers create new additions for the carousel.
- Enjoy a picnic lunch and take in the artistic park sculptures at Riverton Commemorative Park in Corvallis.
- Explore the weird and unusual artifacts found inside Ripley’s Believe it or Not World of Adventure.
- For a prime photo opportunity, find Ben Franklin on a Bench on Third Street in McMinnville.
Don’t worry about hitting every stop on your way to our Oregon coast resort. These spots and more will be there for you to explore on your drive home.
Enjoy the Perfect Vacation without Having to Leave the State
While just over two hours away, making the trip from Portland to Newport gives you a chance to explore a whole new side of Oregon. After making the drive, relax and unwind at The Embarcadero Resort, which is close to some of the best attractions in the area.
Whether you stay in one of our cozy guest rooms or spacious studios, you’ll have a comfortable place to call home during your vacation. Make the most of your stay by enjoying our on-site amenities after an adventure-filled day. Call 541-265-8521 to learn more about the resort or how to save on your stay.