From spring break to summer vacation, every time of year is an excellent time to visit Newport. This Oregon town has everything you need to make long-last memories with those you love most. For families planning their next vacation, be close to the best things to do in Newport with kids by staying at The Embarcadero Resort. After dropping your bags off at your cozy accommodation, set off exploring the Oregon coast.
A Checklist of Things to Do on a Family Vacation to the Oregon Coast
Spring in Newport means temperatures ranging from the mid-50s to the mid-70s, with the thermometer rising as the season moves closer to summer. Whether you’re sneaking in a last-minute spring break escape or are looking ahead to summer, you won’t have any trouble finding activities the whole family will enjoy when you plan a vacation to Newport.
- Wander the shops found along Nye Beach before enjoying a picnic lunch along the sandy shoreline. There is no shortage of things to do during your day at this well-known Newport beach.
- Learn how to blow glass at a one-on-one lesson at Oregon Coast Glassworks. If you’d rather leave the glass blowing to a professional, you can watch a master glassblower bring their creation to life.
- Watch the sea lions bask in the sunshine on the docks at Port Dock One. For almost two decades, the wooden docks have provided a haul-out space for these animals.
- No trip to Newport is complete without visiting the Yaquina Head Outstanding Natural Area. Not only is this park filled with tide pools to explore, but it’s also home to Yaquina Bay Lighthouse, the tallest lighthouse in the state.
- Let the sounds of nature be your soundtrack as you and your family explore a nearby hiking trail. Communications Hill Trail is a great option if you’re visiting with younger children, while Hatfield Marine Science Center Estuary Trail is perfect for a bit of bird watching.
- Explore the 23-acre Oregon Coast Aquarium and learn about various birds, fish, seals, and more. Make your visit even more memorable by going on one of the tours or animal encounters.
- If you are visiting in late March on a spring break getaway, you might catch a glimpse of the gray whales traveling north to Alaska. There are a few different whale-watching seasons, including spring and summer.
On days you’d rather hang out at the resort, there is plenty to do. Go for a swim in our saltwater pool, or try your hand at crabbing with our rental equipment.
Make Memories on a Family Escape to Newport
When you plan a trip to The Embarcadero Resort, you give your family a chance to spend quality time together without the distractions of everyday life. When you stay at our Oregon coast resort, you’ll be near some of the best things to do in Newport with kids that everyone will enjoy.
Our comfortable accommodations come in a range of sizes, which means you can find one that fits your family best. Bring your four-legged family member along by reserving one of our pet-friendly rooms. Call 541-265-8521 to learn more about the resort or special offers.