Nestled at the end of Newport’s Historic Bayfront sits Embarcadero Resort. Sitting right on Yaquina Bay, our resort is close to everything that makes the Oregon coast such a beautiful and unique destination. Spend a day exploring the waters around the resort by going on a crabbing adventure, whale watching, or fishing excursion. Before turning in for the night after a day of exploring, be sure to stop by one of the delicious seafood restaurants in Newport, Oregon.
The Top 5 Seafood Restaurants Near Embarcadero Resort
Being located right on the water means there’s no shortage of fresh seafood to feast on during your stay in Newport. Whether you’re looking for a bowl of chowder or seafood entree, there’s a restaurant that fits your seafood cravings.
- Mo’s Seafood & Chowder: For 75 years, Mo’s has been serving up delicious clam chowder. Stop by the original Newport location on Southwest Bay Boulevard for a seafood feast of crab cakes, baked oysters, seafood cioppino, and more. There is a second location across the street from Original Mo’s.
- Local Ocean: Take in views of the harbor and bay at Local Ocean, which opened its doors in 2005. Not only can you grab delicious seafood in the market area, but you can dine on the fresh catch of the day as well. The menu is filled with seafood creations like grilled albacore tuna kabobs, roasted garlic, and Dungeness crab soup, crab po’boy, and pan-fried oysters.
- Clearwater Restaurant: This waterfront restaurant is the perfect place to catch dinner and a show, thanks to the sea lion docks below. There’s no shortage of seafood options on this menu. From crab Louie to pink shrimp ceviche to catch of the day, you can build a three-course meal filled with seafood deliciousness.
- Ocean Blue Seafoods: A majority of the seafood sold in this market and cafe is locally caught and processed on-site, and the fish served is sustainably caught. Stop by for lunch, dinner, or take out. All three menus offer a wide range of seafood creations that’ll please any palate.
- Newport Cafe: You won’t go hungry at this Newport spot known for comfort food and large portions. Find seafood everywhere on the menu, from a Yaquina Bay oysters omelet to a shrimp melt sandwich or scallops and fries.
Enjoy Bayfront Views at Embarcadero
After getting your fill of scrumptious seafood, unwind in comfort back at the Embarcadero Resort. Each room has a private balcony perfect for watching a sunrise or sunset over the bay. With a range of accommodations, including studios and suites, we have a room that fits your needs and budget. After a day exploring Newport, don’t forget to take advantage of the on-site amenities like the fitness center, sauna, and saltwater pool. Learn more about our resort or special promotions by calling 541-265-8521.