The Embarcadero Resort is the perfect destination for anyone looking to trade the city’s noise for the sounds of the water. For over three decades, our hotel has played host to discerning travelers looking for a cozy place to call home that puts them near top attractions and activities. There’s something for everyone here, whether you’re looking for adventures on land or sea. For a unique way to experience the breathtaking views in this Oregon town, make your way to a nearby viewpoint.
The 5 Best Viewpoints near Newport
The Oregon coast is filled with incredible scenery, and the best spots to witness these sights are at viewpoints, also referred to as lookouts. Whichever location you end up at, be sure your camera or phone is fully charged to capture the view.
- Take in views from the NW 55th Street Viewpoint to experience picture-perfect views of the Yaquina Head Lighthouse and coastline.
- There are countless viewpoints inside Yaquina Bay State Recreation Site. There is a large deck that offers up views of both the Yaquina Bay Bridge and Yaquina Bay. To see for miles, make your way up the two flights of stairs inside the lighthouse to the watch room.
- Enjoy views 500 feet above the ocean at Otter Crest State Scenic Viewpoint. This spot on Cape Foulweather is known for its sweeping ocean views and Devil’s Punchbowl. It is also a fantastic location for whale watching.
- Found on a bluff overlooking the ocean, Rock Creek State Scenic Viewpoint has become an official Whale Watch site for a reason. This location in nearby Depoe Bay is also great for watching storms roll in and is a nesting area for harbor seals.
- One of the most unique viewpoints in the area is Devil’s Punchbowl. Enjoy a picnic lunch from the scenic spot found atop the undulating shoreline. You may just catch a glimpse of whales if the season’s right.
Experience the Beauty of the Pacific Northwest
Whether taking in the sights from a viewpoint or a local beach, there are plenty of spots to witness stunning scenery when vacationing in Newport, Oregon. You can also enjoy incredible bay views right from The Embarcadero Resort.
Every guest room at our Newport hotel has a private balcony, ideal for watching a sunrise or sunset. You can also enjoy waterfront views from our private crab dock at the marina. Between our spacious accommodation options and fantastic on-site amenities, you’ll have everything you need to enjoy a relaxing getaway. For more information about the resort or special offers, call 541-265-8521.