When you visit Newport, there’s no shortage of ways to fill your days with fun adventures, like crabbing with experts, whale watching, or exploring hiking trails. As day turns into night, the fun doesn’t have to end. For visitors who stay at the Embarcadero Resort have plenty of things to check out before returning to their Newport resort for the night. Relax at a nearby brewery or dine on delicious seafood. If you’re looking for something with a romantic touch to it, take in the beauty of an Oregon sunset from some of the top spots in and around Newport.
Where to See the Best Sunset
Watching the sun sink into the horizon is truly one of the most peaceful ways to end your day. There are spots throughout Newport that’ll give you the perfect vantage point to witness this sight.
- Stop by Yaquina Head Outstanding Natural Area to see the Yaquina Head Lighthouse, the tallest lighthouse in the state, backdropped by a stunning sunset.
- Located right on the ocean, the Donald A. Davis Park is a great spot to view the changing sky if you’re visiting with children.
- Go for a scenic drive across the Yaquina Bay Bridge and see the sun setting behind Newport.
- Explore Devil’s Punchbowl State Natural Area to experience the sky turning breathtaking shades of yellow, red, and orange.
- Make a trip down to our marina for a unique view as the sun sets into the ocean.
Enjoy a Romantic Pacific Northwest Getaway
Catching a picturesque Oregon sunset is just one of the many romantic things to do during a Newport vacation. After a day of exploration, enjoy comfortable yet luxurious accommodations at the Embarcadero Resort. Located at the end of Newport’s Historic Bayfront, our resort is comprised of a variety of individually designed rooms. We even have pet-friendly rooms that allow you to bring your four-legged family members along (please call for availability). During your stay, be sure to stop by Jack Sprats Bayfront, located in our resort, for a delicious meal. Call 541-265-8521 to learn more about special promotions or about booking your stay.